Sunday 14 November 2010

Audience Research

I decided to conduct a focus group as a form of qualatative data as the previous research done by my other group members were all forms of quantattive data and i feel its important to have a mix. The aim of my focus group was to find out our target audiences perceptions, opinions, beliefs and attitudes towards our film narrative and characters. I felt this would help us to make any neccessary alterations before scripting our film idea.

I decided rather than having a formal list of closed questions i,e how often do you go the cinema? it would be better to have a list of conversational prompts in order to allow the people within the focus group to ellaborate whilst answering the questions in order to provoke responses from other members of the focus group whch may be useful to our research.

My four discussions topics were;
  • The charcters within our film
  • The narrative
  • interest in short film and its appeal
  • favourite genre

No comments:

Post a Comment